Thursday, September 25, 2014

The 2014 East My Friend North American Tour!

Hello Clamfolks! So I'm finally doing it. I was recently presented with a situation where my life completely opened up (without me even trying for such a thing) and I could choose any path I wanted. I could go anywhere in the world and do anything, which was a bit overwhelming. So I chose to focus on a project I've been wanting to do for a long time - take my Shelder the Electric Clamfish act on the road across the country and organize shows along the way. I decided I would do this three weeks ago. And in that time I have put together a 16-show tour from Victoria, BC up to Montreal, QC (still working on the Maritimes) and I am leaving in just over a week. I still have lots of work and preparation to do before I go, and getting this blog started up was one of the many tasks. It sure is a lot of work to organize a tour! But don't think for a second that I am complaining. I am actually really enjoying having this as my full-time job right now - contacting all sorts of people and venues to arrange shows, putting together posters and promo information and trying to find time to practice my music, which is why I am doing this whole venture in the first place. I will be updating this blog as frequently as I can, with stories of my travels and pictures of various landmarks I encounter.

If you are reading this and happen to be in Vancouver this Saturday, September 27, I am kicking off my tour with an East Van house concert! And it just so happens to be with my wonderfully improvisatory friend, Doug Koyama and my new friend Lara Kroeker. It shall be an evening of great music all around.

Also, here is a list of preliminary tour dates - if you happen to be in the area or know of someone that will be in the area, please come say hi or tell your friends to come say hi!!


It's time for bed, but do check in soon for more updates and tales from the Clamshell (my trusty Echo...)

No comments:

Post a Comment